Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm 5 months big!!

Who can believe that baby girl has been a part of this world for 5 months now!?! I know Casey and I still find ourselves sitting in disbelief that we have been blessed by such an amazing gift!

So I know I am a few days late, but our dear princess seems to be working on some teeth and has been especially cranky lately, so getting a good 5 month picture has been somewhat of a challenge! But, I finally caught her at a good moment today & got a chance to play around with my fantastic new camera!!

At first all I got was this....
You want me to do what?!?
Smile again!?! Jeez!













 But finally after MUCH ridiculous baby talk, gooing and gahing, and shaking and squeaking of her many toys...

Okay!! I guess so...
I'm too happy to NOT smile!!!













HAPPY 5 MONTHS BABY GIRL!! You are mommy and daddy's pride and joy!

And then at the end of the photo shoot, you-know-who had to get involved...
Her furry, four-legged sista!
KISSES!!!
Now, onto what Ms. McKenley has been up to in the past month!!
- McKenley is getting better and better at reaching and grabbing for everything... toys, my hair, our food... EVERYTHING!!
- She is actually starting to entertain herself in her ExerSaucer. She used to just sit and stare at everything and now she is pressing the buttons, chewing on the teething toys, and shaking the rattles. It has been fascinating to watch her develop with this toy!
- We have rolling!!! On a very few and random occasions, McKenley has made it from her tummy to her back.
- Because of the last accomplishment, we have been able to let her sleep on her tummy and this has led to 4 nights in a row of sleeping through the night!!!! Lets hope this trend continues!
- Baby girl has found her feet and BOY they must taste good! In the past 2 weeks, she has been working hard to get her feet into her mouth. It is the cutest thing to watch her roll around trying to stretch them far enough to get into her mouth.

Speedbumps we have encountered this month:
- The past few days McKenley has been a tad on the cranky side. She keeps sucking on her bottom lip which has led to the skin around her lip to be chapped. We think she may have a tooth coming in, lets hope it gets here soon so we can get past this funk!
- As I mentioned in a previous post, we started solid foods... and then we stopped them, haha! McKenley just did not seem interested in trying anything new and it became more of a struggle than anything else. But, now that she is a big girl at 5 months :) we are going to try again.

McKenley's 5 month stats:
I am taking her to the doctor on Monday to get her weighed and measured so I will update those stats then :)
Weight: 14 lbs. 4 oz.
Length: 26 inches
Head Circ:
Food: Big girl is eating 6 oz during the day and sucks down 8 oz before bed at night! To think I was worried about her not eating enough last month! ha!
Diapers: Officially in Size 2!
Clothes: The little peanut is still in 0-3 month clothes! Atleast she gets a lot of wear out of her clothes, haha
Sleep: We are back on track with naps, 2 naps that are both about 2 hours, an evening nap that is about 45 minutes, and sleeping from 9pm-8am through the night!! Must say, I am feeling pretty well rested at this point... I am going to enjoy it the fullest, because you never know if these things are here to stay!

I must say that I am enjoying my time with McKenley more and more everyday. Watching her learn and grow is so intriguing and I love to just sit and watch her little brain work! As we get further into August and all my teacher friends are going back to work, I get a bit nostalgic. Its a bit strange that I am not preparing with them for the first time in 4 years.  Part of me is somewhat anxious of this new journey I am about embark on with my little girl, its so different from what I've been doing in the past, but I can already tell she is going to continue to entertain me with all she will learn and all the new things she will be able to do!!!

1 comment:

  1. Three things:
    -She just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Such a sweet smile in that third pic.
    -Your pics look great; you're going to LOVE your new camera.
    -Just wait until the first day of school comes and you're not there. It's a very weird feeling that school will continue without you.

    ReplyDelete