Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Another new project :)

So I decided I didn't have enough to do with my time, and have started making McKenley's food myself!! I didn't really know where to even begin, soooo I just made everything!! I visited our local Sprouts to get a "few" fruits and veggies and left with:
  • Butternut Squash
  • Sweet Potatoe
  • Yellow Squash
  • Zucchini
  • Carrots
  • Corn
  • Peas
  • Canteloupe
  • Pears
  • Peach
Once I got home, it got a little CRAZY in the kitchen. It looked like a farm had exploded in our house! I steamed and baked and boiled and peeled and chopped and pureed to my little heart's content!




Once everything had been pureed I started mixin things together! Here's what I started with:
Doesn't it look sooooooo scrumptious! haha

And then poured all the mixtures into ice trays to freeze them into individual portions...

Once they were frozen, I poured them into bags to save for later!! :)


Needless to say, McKenley has enough food to last SEVERAL months!!! She has been eating the homemade food for about a week now & I am pleased to say she has loved everything she has tried!! I even think that it is the reason we haven't had ANY tummy issues in the past week! YAY! 

I already can't wait to see what new fruits and veggies she enjoys and what I can mix together to make yummy meals for her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment