Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Eesh!! Rough goin around here!!

It has been soooo long since my last post... but for good reason! It has been somewhat rough goin around the Boyd house as of late.

The last two and a half weeks we've had teething, an ear ache, busted lip, no sleeping... and the list goes on!

Two weeks ago Casey and I started feeling yucky. I just kept getting worse and worse, and it wasn't helping matters that McKenley started being super cranky! So last Thursday I finally dragged both of us to the doctor, it was time to start feeling better! McKenley's appointment was first it it took just a peek inside her left ear for the doctor to spot an ear infection :( She prescribed us some Amoxicillin and sent us on our way. I am really hoping that this first ear infection does not lead to more. Later that day it was my turn. The doctor said it was an upper respiratory infection and I got a Z-Pack.  I could tell with in hours of her first dose of medicine that she was feeling better!

Along with feeling yucky, McKenley's 5th and 6th tooth are coming in!! I have been able to feel them under the gums for about a week and a half now, but those little suckers just WILL NOT break through!! 

Both of these things have totally thrown us off our smooth routine of bedtime!! McKenley has been "sleep-trained" since about 5 months, Casey and I have gotten quite used to sleeping through the night!! But, with an ear infection and teething, we were starting to see McKenley wake up several times throughout the night and then this week she would NOT go to bed when we laid her down. We're talking 30 minutes of SCREAMING!! She's always been so easy to put down, Casey and I did not have the "tools" to know how to deal with this new behavior. Needless to say, we called in some advice to friends and tried to figure out how to get her back on schedule. Everyone's answer... just let her cry it out... bleh!! 

Oh yeah, and also throw in a busted lip on Monday! Poor girl has been put through the ringer!! :( I guess this comes with the territory of an adventurous little one. 

Although we have been through quite a bit in the last couple of weeks, I am happy to say that I think we are over the worst of it. The teeth STILL haven't cut through, so I know she is still a bit uncomfortable, but we seem to be back on track with her sleeping, FINGERS CROSSED, because we have had 2 nights of minimal to no crying at bed time!!!! 

We've been so lucky to have such a low-maintanence baby thus far, I guess we have to have some bumps in the road here and there :) COUNTDOWN TO ONE YEAR BIRTHDAY!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. No worries, not 30 minutes after I posted this, she woke up and has now been screaming for about 10 minutes... way to jinx us mom!!! :/

    ReplyDelete