Monday, September 17, 2012

Little girl is off to school!!

Well, I can't believe that she is big enough to go, but last week we started McKenley in a Mother's Day Out program at a local church. It has been an adjustment, to say the least, for both McKenley and I, but I know it will be such a positive experience for her, and it lets be honest, it gives mommy some time to get some things done around the house!!

Before the big day, we had to get some practice with her backpack and lunchbox. Someone should have told me to have her practice with the backpack packed up, because once there were things inside it definitely weighted my little lady down!! Almost fell straight backwards in the parking lot!! haha

Needless to say, she was SOOO excited about her new backpack, lunchbox, and first day of school outfit!! Little did she know that momma was about to leave her with strangers!! haha

Then it was off to check out her new school!!

Casey taught her how to say "bee" so she kept pointing to all the bees and yelling "BEE!! BEE!!" haha
Getting her things settled in her cubby and the bins

Ahh!! SOOO cute, her little name on her first name tag!! <3

BEEEEEE!!!!
I wanted to get a picture of her and the teachers, but things have been a bit crazy these first few days, so hopefully I can snap one soon. She isn't TOTALLY sold on the idea of mom leaving her all day, but slowly but surely, things are going better and better.  She does cry a bit when I drop her off, but the teachers say it only lasts for a few minutes and then she is off and playing!! Today when I picked her up, she didn't notice me right away and I got to see her running around with the other teacher, giggling and playing!! It made my heart feel sooooo good to see for myself that she WAS indeed having fun and wasn't sad all day that mommy was gone.

We can't believe our little lady is getting so big! Can't wait to see what all she learns at school!!



No comments:

Post a Comment