Monday, February 7, 2011

9!!!

WOW!!! Casey and I were able to get lots of things checked off our list this past weekend!!

For starters, thanks to the hard work of the hubs and step-dad, McKenley's room now has beautiful hardwood floors!
I must say, I was in COMPLETE shock when I walked through the door. It is exactly how I pictured it in my mind! The guys worked so hard, and I am soooo happy with it.  The baseboards fell victim to the flooring though, so we will be working to replace those this week hopefully :)

While the boys were working hard with the flooring, my mom and I spent our day completing my registry!! We had SUCH a blast... but it was sooo hard!! There are so many options out there! Do I want this swing or that swing and what is even the difference?!? Which pattern of fabric do I want? Something neutral that could be used for a boy in the future or just go completely girly? Do I want a bouncer or a swing or both? Which kind of pacifier do I register for? OMG! It was a bit overwhelming to say the least. Thank goodness I have some new mommy friends that were able to guide us in the right direction! It is officially complete though, so please feel free to start purchasing gifts for Ms. McKenley at Babysrus and Target! haha :)

Last night I hit 31 weeks! Here are some pics of McKenley and me at her first official Super Bowl party at my mom's house.
Side view

And from the front in my Super Bowl shirt! :)

This week McKenley has changed in the following ways:
Weight: about 3.3 pounds (think 4 navel oranges) and is apparently heading into a growth spurt, oh joy!
Length: measures over 16 inches long.
She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin.
I visited the doctor today and her heartbeat was about 136 bmp, though it took FOREVER to get this reading because she LOVES to "run and hide" from the heart rate monitor! I hope this is not a sign of stubbornness to come when she arrives!

Stay tuned, our next project is to get her furniture built and the baseboards put back on!! PICTURES TO COME SOON... hopefully! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment