Monday, April 16, 2012

Beautiful Bluebonnets!!

I was so bummed that I didn't take McKenley out to the bluebonnets last year! But, things were a bit crazy around here at that point in our lives, so I can't be too hard on myself, haha

I took McKenley to two different fields here by our house. First, we went to a field in Frisco by the JCPenny Headquarters building. I had no idea this field even existed, but they were beautiful!! A few days later, we headed towards Little Elm to the field at the Mt. Zion cemetery. No, we did not go romping around through headstones to get the pictures!! haha. This was a separate part of the cemetery area, it was a field of bluebonnets and these gorgeous yellow flowers throughout. Supposedly, those yellow flowers are overtaking the bluebonnets and aren't good, but they sure were pretty!!

Here are a few of my favorite pics from both of the fields:
A few from both fields

This one shows the blue and yellow perfectly... needless to say, she was NOT cooperating!!

Of course she tried to eat them!!

Can't wait to make this a tradition we do every year! The bluebonnets are here for such a short amount of time, I was so glad we got to enjoy them this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment