Monday, March 21, 2011

Finally getting settled!

Well, after 16 of the longest days of our lives, Casey and I finally got to bring our little princess home this past Saturday!! It was such a HAPPY day for us!

FIRST CAR RIDE HOME!!!














We have successfully made it through 2 nights without losing our minds or getting too sleep deprived! Even though getting up in the middle of the night is not the easiest thing, when I look down at her and she gives me a little half-smile, it makes it all worth it!!

We didn't waste ANY time getting our precious baby photographed! Sunday afternoon we had some amazing pictures taken and needless to say, McKenley is VERY photogenic! :) Here are a few sneak previews that I took over her shoulder.

BOOMER!!!!

This was the "Glamor" shot :)













I still cannot believe Casey and I were able to create something soooo beautiful and that we could love her as much as we do already, can you believe she is still technically supposed to be inside of me still!?!   This tiny princess has changed our lives so much (for the better :) and although it was quite a challenge making it through these past two week without COMPLETELY losing my mind, we have a precious and HEALTHY daughter that we already could not imagine our lives without.

Thank you so much to our family and friends that have helped us with prayers, happy thoughts, drives back and forth to the hospital, and food!! We definitely could NOT have made it through without all of you!

3 comments:

  1. OH EMILY!!!! She is the cutest thing ever (besides my son!!!) The pics are adorable! LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowers in her hair!!! You have no idea how much your heart will explode with love every single time she does something!!! Cherish every moment...it goes by so very fast!!! Each day is better than the last!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting that precious one home. She is adorable!! Can't wait to see more of the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad McKenley made it home! And I love the photo shoot! I can't wait to come meet her!!

    ReplyDelete