Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tutus, Ruffles, and Pink! OH MY!!!

This Sunday was the first of our baby showers to come... and boy was it AMAZING!!! It was so great to have so much of my family and friends all in one place to celebrate the little princess, McKenley!

My sister and mom did a FANTASTIC job putting on quite the shower! Needless to say, there was no shortage of pink! I think the first item that caught everyone's eye was Katy's masterpiece... the diaper castle!!!!
We had an great time socializing, catching up with friends, eating yummy food, and McKenley DEFINITELY enjoyed getting all of her goodies! 

Below are just a FEW of the highlights from Sunday.
I knew my mom could sew, but she absolutely out-did herself with these 4 outfits!   
And on top of all that, she made this cute blanket and burp cloths!

Yes, McKenley has more shoes than dad and she is not even born yet...

The purple & green goodie bag! Can't wait to see her in this ADORABLE tutu and onesie!

Lake outfit, complete with headband and flower! Thanks Aunt Virginia!!!

McKenley's GiGi made her some beautiful blankets, the one on the left is SUPER soft!

Thank you Aunt Katy for McKenley's gameday outfit!

All in all, I think we can all agree, I have some amazingly talented family and McKenley is going to be one lucky girl! We are currently at 34 1/2 weeks and watching the days QUICKLY tick down! Not feeling TOO uncomfortable, with the exception of that displaced rib I am dealing with... no biggie, right!?! haha! But, I have been seeing a chiropractor who has REALLY seemed to help get the rib back where it belongs. Other than that, things are truckin along pretty well. My ankles have taken on a permanent look of swollen, which is pretty gross looking, but all is worth it for our little princess! 

I have TONS more pictures of the shower that I will continue to post, there was too many goodies, friends, and fun stuff to put in one post! 

Can't believe we are gettin down to one month!!! CRAZY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Emily! That diaper cake, those outfits and the gameday skirt are all ADORABLE! Quite the shower :) Very excited for yall! Congrats on your bundle of joy! Can't wait til you do a post with her pics :)
    -meggi

    ReplyDelete