Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Two weeks later...

Well Casey and I have successfully made it through our first 2 weeks at home with our precious little girl... I say successfully based on the premise that we are not completely sleep deprived, I get to shower on a semi-regular basis, neither of us have dropped the baby, and she seems to be a healthy baby :) Who knows if we would be considered "successful" to anyone else, but we really don't care about anyone else at this point :) haha

In these past two weeks McKenley and I have:
- Gone to the doctors - where they told us she was perfect
- Been on our FIRST shopping trip to BabysRUs
- Played on her awesome new activity mat
She stared at the lights and mirror for sooo long!! (Can you spot McKenley's guardian in the picture?)
- Had several successful bathtimes
Mommy's little flower :)
- Had her first (of many) photo shoot
Is she not BEAUTIFUL!?!

- Had PLENTLY of lounging time
Such a lady-like sleeper!
- Worked on our tummy time, which she seems to LOVE and is already picking up her head and turning it back and forth!! 
Isn't she just the most precious thing you've EVER seen!!! Thanks Cousin Allison for my lounger!!
On MOST occasions, McKenley sleeps for 3 hours (I never thought I would be soo excited about 3 full hours of sleep until now!!) and then is up and ready for a FULL meal! The girl knows how to eat! haha

All in all, I am proud of how Casey and I are making in through these first two weeks. Casey has been SUCH a huge help, making dinners, cleaning up around the house, and ALWAYS taking the midnight/1 am feeding, which always allows mom to get a big chunk of sleep in before I am up for the feedings thru the rest of the night.

Neither of us can believe that she is 4 weeks old, everyone is right, this time FLIES by!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are doing great!!! She is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See....I told you my Mom would stalk you :)

    I would consider that success too!! Congrats Em...I love your family so much and can't wait to meet that precious little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that photo of her in the tutu is just about the cutest thing ever! Congrats on such a beautiful little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! She is so beautiful!!!

    So proud :)

    ReplyDelete