Wednesday, March 9, 2011

How it all went down!

I have been asked many times now about when and where I was when McKenley decided she wanted to be a part of this world! Sooooo, here it is! The story of McKenley's early entrance into our lives! :)

Having my water break at school was not completely "ideal situation" for me! In fact I was planning on starting my leave a week early to try and avoid this happening. I guess thats what I get for trying to plan things out!!

So there I was sitting behind my desk as the 20 little fourth graders entered the room. I stood up to greet them and let them know what to do next when, WHOOOOOSH! Lots of water came pouring out of me! Yes, I was quite shocked and NO, I had NO idea what was going on!! Luckily I was wearing leggings so you couldn't really see what was going on.  I sat back down and tried to compose myself. Last thing I needed was to have to have a sex ed class with traumatized 10 year olds while going into labor!!

Not to worry though, things were just going to get more complicated! haha I had agreed to help a substitute out with a complicated science lesson that day, so in walks 23 more fourth graders!! I managed to get them seated at the back of the classroom without them detecting that I was in FULL panic mode! And because I didn't know what else to do, I started teaching the science lesson! :) We discussed producers, consumers, and decomposers!!! Yes, all while going into labor! Gotta love the dedication right!!? After our lesson, we were supposed to take the students outside to do an activity, so I got the students lined up and flagged down the sub, I wanted to hold up a sign that said SOS! haha.
THANK GOD she has had babies and knew that my water had broke, even though I argued with her about that fact! and cleared the students out of my class and went to get the nurse for me.

After that, everything is pretty much a blur! Teachers running in to check on me, unknowing students barging in to what probably looked like MASS chaos, the wheelchair ride through the hallway and down the hill to Casey's car, all the while saying, "Oh My Gosh, WE ARE NOT READY YET! The car seat is in the box still!! Our labor & delivery classes are next week!! What are we going to do!??!!"

We rushed to the hospital, checked-in, and 7 hours later, our little princess officially made herself part of this world! I doubt that will be a day I will ever forget! Look what amazing beauty it created!!!




Thanks to all my girls at school that helped me stay calm and get into Casey's car, couldn't have done it without you!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great story to tell her when she's old enough! She is very pretty. I can't wait to see her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Oh, Curry,that is an AMAZING story! :) She is just beautiful! So very excited for yall! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete